Nautilus Labs is a technology company focused on advancing the efficiency of maritime transportation. We drive transformation and sustainability in the shipping industry.
Nautilus enables shipping companies to easily optimize their business for speed and consumption through a cloud-based analytics platform that provides unified fleet intelligence.
Nautilus’s enterprise SaaS platform combined with our proprietary on-ship solution transforms the way performance data is used throughout shipping companies to maximize fleet ROI. Traditional maritime vessel analytics rely on mathematical models and virtually no data to support one-off actions for fleet operations. Our software provides a 360° view of an organization’s entire fleet and builds the data foundation for predictive decision-making and business optimization.
We’re looking for an experienced product manager passionate about solving complex, real-world problems who has a highly technical background and knows how to effectively drive the product forward.
As a product manager, you understand the tricky balance of getting it right and getting it out the door. You can break down complex problems into actionable steps. This role requires deep empathy for the user and tight collaboration between design, business, and engineering. You must be comfortable with ambiguity and moving forward with imperfect information in a rapidly changing startup environment.
You will be responsible for owning and defining the technical product philosophy. You lead without authority, effectively aligning team members around a shared set of objectives to progress the goal of shipping the right product to customers.
Outcomes for this role:
- Breaking down work, writing user stories and managing the product backlog
- Creating an outcome-driven product roadmap
- Articulating and testing product hypotheses
- Defining and tracking KPIs and other measurable success criteria
- Conducting user interview and user testing sessions
- Enabling agile product philosophy across the technical organization
Proficiencies and Qualities:
- A highly technical background, ideally a CS degree or engineering experience
- Thoroughly understands “Lean Startup” and agile development methodologies
- Strong product and business instincts
- You strive for quality and pay attention to details that matter
- Comfortable with ambiguity and moving forward with imperfect information
- Judges success by the success of the team
- Enjoys working collaboratively with designers, engineers and business leaders
- Experience shipping successful products, defining vision and strategy
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills
- Ability to facilitate collaborative decision-making
- Has previous high-growth startup experience
- Experience managing products with a hardware component
- Experience with big data, AI and/or Analytics
- Has worked on a B2B enterprise SaaS product
OUR CORE VALUES
Get ready to join a group of diverse, smart, talented, and driven individuals. We are looking for people who are motivated by environmentalism and a future where shipping is sustainable and safe. A team member joining Nautilus is...
- Radically candid
- Honest and transparent
- Humble and inquisitive
- A team player
Location: On-site in New York, NY based office
Base Salary: $80k - $120k
Equity: 0.1% - 0.6%
If you’re the right candidate, we want to hear from you. Please apply by sending an email to email@example.com