Job Opportunity with Nautilus Labs Inc. (Brooklyn, NY)
Nautilus is revolutionizing global maritime operations. This is a critical, often forgotten step in preserving/reversing effects of worldwide pollution moving forward.
We’re a mission-first startup in Brooklyn, NY, with an immediate need for an experienced integrations engineer. This person should have on-ship experience and previously served as a Chief Electrical Engineer or as a electronics or electro-technical officer (ETO) onboard, ideally, a major cruise line (Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Carnival, Norwegian, or Disney). This is a big moment for us and we’re excited to be bringing this key addition into the family. We’re looking for more than a technically standout engineer. This is someone who will help build the cultural foundation of the business.
We’ve created a vertically-integrated, cyber-secure, hardware/software platform to be put onto commercial ships. Our solution was designed for data collection and transfer to shore to allow cloud-based big data analysis of ship operational data. Our master plan is to use that data to save our customers up to 30% on fuel costs with machine learning-based analysis.
This position will report directly to Brian, our CTO & co-founder, and Anthony, CEO, to create and build out our hardware integrations procedures, logistical planning, scaling capabilities. This is not a “comfy” position. Self-management will be critical, within a fast-paced, demanding, early-stage startup.
Technical, on-ship experience
- Have served as electrical engineer/ electro-technical officer/chief electrical engineer
- Experience with maintaining and operating bridge systems
- Ability to compile integration and installation documentation
- Experience at sea. (5+ years)
- 8+ years of electrical engineering experience
- Education: BS in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to create electrical drawings
- Experience creating documentation around hardware installation
Strong communication skills
- Must be able to communication across many different stakeholders of shipping organizations
- Will be asked to be a part of the technical sales process
- Must be comfortable and personable in sales situations
- Independent, creative, problem solver
- Willing to travel regularly, for extended periods of time.
- Clear understanding of “startup effort”
- Ability to balance stress, effort, and reward
- Willingness to learn and adopt new tools
- Positive personality
Location: On-site in Brooklyn, NY based office
Please apply using the contact form below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org