Nautilus Labs is a technology startup focused on advancing the efficiency of maritime transportation. We drive transformation and sustainability in the shipping industry.
Nautilus enables shipping companies to easily optimize their business for speed and consumption through a cloud-based analytics platform that provides unified fleet intelligence.
Nautilus’s enterprise SaaS platform combined with our proprietary on-ship solution transforms the way performance data is used throughout shipping companies to maximize fleet ROI. Traditional maritime vessel analytics rely on mathematical models and virtually no data to support one-off actions for fleet operations. Our software provides a 360° view of an organization’s entire fleet, and builds the data foundation for predictive decision-making and business optimization.
We are hiring for a Vessel Performance Analyst to be the first in our new performance team in our Manhattan office. This is a critical part of our continued success and rapid growth. The role will be working directly with the sales, product, and engineering team to help continue to bring industry best practices into the platform, and help advance the capabilities of our performance tools past what the industry is currently doing. Your role will also ensure clients extract the full potential and further value out of the Nautilus Platform.
You’ll be working alongside software engineers with extensive experience building web-based big data systems, and will have the opportunity to incorporate new and innovative ideas to assess and improve ship performance. It’s an opportunity to bring new methodologies into the industry and have a meaningful impact on emissions globally.
Outcomes for this role:
- Incorporate empirical ship performance modeling capabilities into the platform
- Incorporate statistical ship performance modeling capabilities into the platform
- Lead initiatives to improve our performance model past the current commercial state of the art.
- Lead initiatives to bring new and different assessments of ship performance into different parts of the product.
- Create performance assessments for clients
- Must be comfortable in a high-paced, high-performing startup environment.
- Must have 2+ years experience doing ship performance analysis within a shipping company.
- Must be a self-starter with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have an advanced proficiency in Excel and comparable analytical tools.
- Must have strong quantitative skills with a strong proficiency in math, statistics, and modeling.
- Should be detail-oriented with an analytical mindset.
- Should have a deep understanding of the inner workings of a maritime shipping company on shore and at sea.
- Should have a broad understanding of hydrodynamic and physics principles that drive ship performance.
- Must have a BS in an engineering or mathematically-based field of study.
Good to have:
- Experience with Data Science tools (Jupiter, Matlab, etc.)
- Degree in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering
- Seagoing experience
OUR CORE VALUES
Get ready to join a group of diverse, smart, talented, and driven individuals. We are looking for people who are motivated by environmentalism and a future where shipping is sustainable and safe. A team member joining Nautilus is...
- Radically candid
- Honest and transparent
- Humble and inquisitive
- A team player
Location: On-site in New York, NY based office
Base Salary: $60-90k
If you’re the right candidate, we want to hear from you. Please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org